I've noticed that the current radio add-on at the moment doesn't really allow for high level broadcasting; the radio has a very short range to it and only the radio host can own one.
This is why I think that this add-on known as the DJ Controller would be a good addition to the DarkRP server: https://scriptfodder.com/scripts/view/1534/wyozi-dj-kit
This add-on allows the Radio Host/DJ to set up their own radio station by using Youtube and Soundcloud links. The controller can also double as it's own radio, playing back the music locally, which allows for things like nightclubs to be made. The add-on also has multiple radio channels so that more than one DJ can have their stations running, and people with radios can choose which station they want to listen to (whilst being able to control volume).
However, there is a downside to the add-on: it costs money. $7.50 to be exact, but I do believe that it is worth it. I am also unaware as to how this could be programmed into the server, so I have no idea whether the integration into the server would be easy; however, I have seen this add-on used on other RP servers and it has worked very smoothly.
So to just sum it up, here is a list:
- Controller plays back music locally, allowing clubs to run.
- The controller can have multiple radio stations, allowing for more than one DJ.
- People with radios can control the volume, allowing for RP to still be run smoothly.
- The controller uses YouTube and Soundcloud links, allowing songs to be found easily.
- The add-on has a price of $7.50 (unsure of currency).
- I am unaware of how easy the integration of the add-on would be.
Let me know what you think.
- Jen Ocide (TheMysticScythe)