• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DARKRP] New Radio Addon?
 x 0  x 0  x 0 
Hello,

I've noticed that the current radio add-on at the moment doesn't really allow for high level broadcasting; the radio has a very short range to it and only the radio host can own one.

This is why I think that this add-on known as the DJ Controller would be a good addition to the DarkRP server: https://scriptfodder.com/scripts/view/1534/wyozi-dj-kit

This add-on allows the Radio Host/DJ to set up their own radio station by using Youtube and Soundcloud links. The controller can also double as it's own radio, playing back the music locally, which allows for things like nightclubs to be made. The add-on also has multiple radio channels so that more than one DJ can have their stations running, and people with radios can choose which station they want to listen to (whilst being able to control volume).

However, there is a downside to the add-on: it costs money. $7.50 to be exact, but I do believe that it is worth it. I am also unaware as to how this could be programmed into the server, so I have no idea whether the integration into the server would be easy; however, I have seen this add-on used on other RP servers and it has worked very smoothly.

So to just sum it up, here is a list:

Pros:
- Controller plays back music locally, allowing clubs to run.
- The controller can have multiple radio stations, allowing for more than one DJ.
- People with radios can control the volume, allowing for RP to still be run smoothly.
- The controller uses YouTube and Soundcloud links, allowing songs to be found easily.

Cons
- The add-on has a price of $7.50 (unsure of currency).
- I am unaware of how easy the integration of the add-on would be.

Let me know what you think. Smile

- Jen Ocide (TheMysticScythe)
One Small Silver Star
I support this 100%! Something like this would make the radio host roleplay fun! This is actually a radio rather than a shitty boombox
[Image: UNvIhf2.png]
Two Medium Gold Stars
+1 Sounds like fun, and for what it's worth too.

(30-11-2016, 02:08 AM)TheMysticScythe Wrote: I am also unaware as to how this could be programmed into the server, so I have no idea whether the integration into the server would be easy;

I think this would help alleviate the this question.

Wyozi DJ Kit Wrote:Installation

Unzip addon to addons folder and restart server. Wyozi DJ Kit entities should appear in your spawnmenu.

In-game setup

The script automatically adds job/entities for a DJ broadcaster.
[Image: dEtIaYo.png]
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."
Two Small Silver Stars Away
+1 maby radio host will be used more often, and just maybe it would shut up the minges.
One Small Silver Star
+1 very nice addon
[Image: b3akLNv.jpg]
Two Small Gold Stars
+1 nicee
One Medium Silver Star
Hey there, 

just bumping this thread because I've noticed lately that the radio host job is dead. No one ever plays as the radio host and I still believe that this add-on could revitalise the job and allow for much smoother radio host RP. Let me know if this add-on is still being considered Smile

One Small Silver Star
(07-01-2017, 01:33 AM)TheMysticScythe Wrote: Hey there, 

just bumping this thread because I've noticed lately that the radio host job is dead. No one ever plays as the radio host and I still believe that this add-on could revitalise the job and allow for much smoother radio host RP. Let me know if this add-on is still being considered Smile

Mate thats absolute bolderdash, other than gun dealer thats probably my most played job...... Someones gotta run Kahootqon 1 Smile
(12-01-2017, 11:04 AM)5HG | Kahoot! Wrote:
(07-01-2017, 01:33 AM)TheMysticScythe Wrote: Hey there, 

Mate thats absolute bolderdash, other than gun dealer thats probably my most played job...... Someones gotta run Kahootqon 1 Smile

Well, I stand corrected then, but I believe Kahootqon 1 would benefit very much from this addon. You could broadcast across the entire city if everyone had radios!  Cool
One Small Silver Star